Where It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood...

And I Invite Everyone To Be My Neighbor!

free counters

A Little Experiment In PINGing The Blo.gs Directory For Blog Updates

Just registered my blog with Blo.gs and bookmarked the link to ping them when the site is updated.  But then I thought, "Hey, let's see if can add a keyword to the link so that I don't have to search through my bookmarks every time I want to do that."  So, that' basically what this post is about.  When I'm done posting it, I'm going to type in the "pingg" keyword and see what happens.

(What I'd really like to do is to set up the posts so that they automatically send a ping, but I'm not quite sure whether the following code is correct or where I should place it (I'm guessing the HTML, but I don't know whether it matters where in the HTML I place it), so I could use some help on this if there's someone willing to do so.  Also, I'm interested in knowing what the "Content-Length" does.

POST / HTTP/1.0
Host: ping.blo.gs
Content-Type: text/xml
Content-Length: 394

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<methodCall>
 <methodName>weblogUpdates.extendedPing</methodName>
 <params>
  <param>
   <value>Welcome to Los Jon&#45;geles</value>
  </param>
  <param>
   <value>http://losjongeles.blogspot.com</value>;
  </param>
  <param>
   <value></value>
  </param>
  <param>
   <value>http://feeds.feedburner.com/JongelesJournal</value>;
  </param>
 </params>
</methodCall>

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMUNITY CENTER

Friends &; Neighbors

BlogCatalog.com Recent Viewers

FEEDBURNER

The Los Jon-geles Journal

Powered by FeedBurner